Photo competition: Niace- learning through a lens
This can be of any subject where a person or people are learning to do something new – the more creative the more likely your photograph will be of interest to the judges.
Further details of the competition are listed below and can also be found on the Adult Learners’ Week website at www.alw.org.uk/page/photo-competition. I have also attached a leaflet for you to forward on to your contacts with a personal message.
All suitable photos will be used for publicity purposes and future Adult Learners’ Week Communications; such as on the Adult Learners’ Week website, htmls, publicity materials. They will also be placed in an album on Flickr. Consent must be sought from anyone being photographed; free downloadable guidance and documentation to support this are available from www.alw.org.uk/page/photo-competition.
The competition is open to event holders and contacts in England only and all entries are to be submitted by email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 5th April 2012.
The winners will be announced during Adult Learners’ Week, on Thursday 5 April 2012, at a reception hosted by the Leicester People’s photographic Gallery. The top three entries will win:
· Photographic vouchers worth £200 (1st prize), £100 (2nd prize) or £50 (3rd prize)
· A week’s display space at Leicester People’s Photographic Gallery
· A feature on the Adult Learners’ Week website
Please be aware that competitions and event resources are for England only.
recent posts list
- New schools resource under development
- AIM is recruiting a Membership, Marketing and Projects Manager
- ACE Museum Resilience Fund Update
- Everyone loves culcha …
- Arts and Culture network during Party conference
- 15 days to raise 15k
- So, what is a hackathon?
- Heritage Motor Centre Volunteers Blog: Welcome to the Volunteers Data Team
- Objects in need of new homes
- New Volunteers and New Opportunities
Book Events here
Museum Loans Training: Learning and Collections StaffSeptember 18, 2014 ⋅ Loans Training: free
Retail Therapy 1 : MuseumRetailForum, site visit LichfieldSeptember 18, 2014 ⋅ Retail visits : Lichfield: free
Making the Most of...Governing your museum.September 25, 2014 ⋅ Governing your museum (1): free
Managing Volunteers - a practical training daySeptember 30, 2014 ⋅ Managing Volunteers sept 30 2014: free
Museum Loans Training: Learning and Collections Staff ⋅ September 18, 2014 ⋅ Free
Retail Therapy 1 : MuseumRetailForum, site visit Lichfield ⋅ September 18, 2014 ⋅ Free
- Uglow's Lunar Men book still the best seller book at @erasmusdarwin museum but moving beyond academic stock has raised sales #museumretail 3 hours ago
- @erasmusdarwin explaining how old messy shop space has changed with funding @Aimuseums @marchesnetwork #Museumretail (1/1) 3 hours ago
- RT @Joannechocolat: Season of mists and mellow procrastination. 5 hours ago
- RT @BBCBreakfast: There are 350 different types of blackberry in Britain, according to expert @DrTrevorDines. Who knew?! #bbcbreakfast 5 hours ago
search this site
accessibility Accreditation ACE AIM archaeology archives arts audiences awards buildings collections communicating community conservation coventry cpd culture curating digital events FamilyFriendly featured finance funding future good ideas governance green HLF independent museum inspiration jobs learning local events local history marketing museums at night retail social media sustainability tourism training volunteers well-being young people
- New schools resource under development September 16, 2014
- AIM is recruiting a Membership, Marketing and Projects Manager September 15, 2014
- ACE Museum Resilience Fund Update September 15, 2014
- Everyone loves culcha … September 12, 2014
- Arts and Culture network during Party conference September 12, 2014
- 15 days to raise 15k September 11, 2014
- So, what is a hackathon? September 11, 2014
- Heritage Motor Centre Volunteers Blog: Welcome to the Volunteers Data Team September 9, 2014
- Objects in need of new homes September 9, 2014